Friday: July 18, 2014
- Turns out that one in four U.S. employees have no paid vacation time.
The United States is the only advanced economy with no guaranteed vacation time for workers, and most Americans aren't even aware that guaranteed time off is common elsewhere in the world. While the guaranteed number of days off for employees in the U.S. is zero, workers in the European Union get at least 20 days per year, not including public holidays.
Sunday: December 9, 2012
- Rumors swirling that Disney's Hollywood Studios will be getting a Radiator Springs makeover.
While this news is by no means official it sounds like a formal announcement may be right around the corner. Full disclosure: I am a gigantic Disney nerd. My kids, by association, are also gigantic Disney nerds. But they also happen to be huge fans of the Cars movies. Ask us to recite any line and you'll hear the whole movie. The recently opened Cars Land in California has been met with postivive reviews from fans and non-fans of the franchise. Being that we reside on the East Coast, a trip to Florida is way more feasible than a trip out to California. Ka-chow!
Friday: July 15, 2011
- National Geographic provides a top ten list for pretty much any travel idea.
Thinking of a planning a boat trip in Venice? Want to visit some famous boardwalks all across the United States? Whatever it is you happen to be looking for chances are you'll at least find a little travel inspiration with one these lists. Personally, I enjoy looking at some of these exotic beach locales (as evidenced by the chosen thumbnail).
Tuesday: April 13, 2010
- A collection of the world's greatest scenic drives courtesy of National Geographic.
National Geographic offers up roughly forty-eight ideas to maximize your next scenic drive experience for those so inclined. Of the forty-eight on this list I am proud to state that I can check off two (maybe three) items off of this list. Alright, maybe I'm not so proud - I need to get out more.
Monday: January 11, 2010
- Thirty-one places to go in 2010 according to the New York Times.
Need a little inspiration for your next vacation and/or leisure trip? The New York Times would like to help you with your predicament. Enjoy and happy future traveling.
Monday: November 23, 2009
- Looking for a thrilling new vacation destination? Try Dagobah.
Everything you want to know about the galaxy's most extreme vacation destination summed up in a one minute video. Paid for by the Dagobah Tourism Bureau. DAGOBAM!
Wednesday: November 4, 2009
- Five travel destinations to rediscover the golden age of piracy.
Avast ye bilge rat! Ye be looking for some new exotic locales to plunder for your next vacation? Yar, then look no further then these fine ports of call.
Tuesday: October 13, 2009
- Disney retail stores to get an Apple-style overhaul.
The retail reboot will make it easier for consumers to book Disney vacations in stores and will also host a familiar Apple shopping experience. Even the Genius Bar is rumored to get the Disney treatment (read last part of article).
Wednesday: October 7, 2009
- The Griswolds to take yet another vacation courtesy of New Line.
The story of the sequel penned so far would focus on Rusty and his kids as they embark on their next wild and crazy vacation. Clark and Helen make appearances as the good-natured grandparents.
Thursday: July 30, 2009
- Daily Grind: Fed up
Name: Vin (aka dns homewrecker)
How Vin feels today: Fed up @ 2:13:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: To formerly declare I am taking a much needed and well deserved day off from work tomorrow. These last two weeks have been hell. Monkey need break.
Music Stuck in Head: Mami Gato / Medeski, Martin & Wood
This album successfully got me through one of those weeks.
Stuff to do today:
- Apologize once again for slacking on daily grind posts
- Note that the number of weekdaily links will soon surpass 20,000
- Hold a party for self, bake cake, buy favors
- Pat self on back instead
- Take suggestions from readers on how to improve GLM (leave a comment)
- Laugh at lack of comments
- Vacations gone wrong through the dangerous eye of Photoshop.
That's what you get for not doing your TripAdvisor research first.
Monday: July 27, 2009
- Ten tips to streamline your vacation planning.
A nice read for anyone who may be in the planning stages of getting away for awhile. Cough.
Thursday: July 2, 2009
- Ten of the most spectacular drives in the world for your viewing pleasure.
I am quite overdue for a vaction.
Wednesday: July 1, 2009
- Eleven summer vacation ideas for geeks.
E3 and/or Penny Arcade Expo suspiciously not on this list
Monday: June 29, 2009
- Seventeen unusual places to spend the night.
Schrute Farms suspisciously not on this list.