Monday: January 7, 2013
- Disney unveils next generation guest experience in the form of digital wristbands.
The new wristbands will work in tandem with a new Disney app that you can use on your smartphone. The wristband (officially called MagicBand) can be used as your rooom key, theme park ticket, photopass, payment information and even access to FastPass for quicker access to rides and attractions. So long Key to the World cards!
Sunday: December 9, 2012
- Rumors swirling that Disney's Hollywood Studios will be getting a Radiator Springs makeover.
While this news is by no means official it sounds like a formal announcement may be right around the corner. Full disclosure: I am a gigantic Disney nerd. My kids, by association, are also gigantic Disney nerds. But they also happen to be huge fans of the Cars movies. Ask us to recite any line and you'll hear the whole movie. The recently opened Cars Land in California has been met with postivive reviews from fans and non-fans of the franchise. Being that we reside on the East Coast, a trip to Florida is way more feasible than a trip out to California. Ka-chow!
Wednesday: March 17, 2010
- Disney makes good use of their monorail system for some new ads. Tron-orails!
This is some particularly clever advertising from the folks over at Disney for the upcoming reboot of Tron (coming out December 17t h). Of course the effect may be lost if the monorail happens to be traveling in the opposite direction of the ad but that's a minor detail.
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Six fantastical theme park rides that have unfortunately been lost to history.
If you absolutely must ride this, it's still open at Universal Studios Japan in Osaka. Doc Brown will likely be screaming at you in Japanese, but it's the pilgrimage that counts.
Monday: January 4, 2010
- Marvel stockholders decide to go ahead and approve the Disney merger.
Disney officially has the rights to over five thousand of your favorite Marvel comic book characters. You can expect to see most of these characters in the next Kingdom Hearts game or at the very least some kind of Disney versus Marvel Street Fighter type game (which actually sounds kind of cool come to think of it).
Thursday: September 17, 2009
- Harry Potter Theme Park set to open next spring at Universal Orlando.
Article goes into detail about most of the attractions that will be found at said theme park. You'll be dueling dragons and flying on hippogriffs whilst enjoying a cup of butter beer. Bring your own broom.
Wednesday: August 19, 2009
- Star Tours ride over at Disney World might be getting a giant overhaul.
I've heard rumblings that said revamp will have multiple variations. Riders will get a different experience every time. About bloody time since the ride hasn't been updated since oh, 1987.
Tuesday: July 7, 2009
- Five theme park rides that pushed the boundaries of common sense.
...in the quest for bigger and better thrills, some rides attempt to betray the laws of physics. And while these rides are usually well-designed, safe attractions—just so big and awe-inspiring that they are frightening—some of them are simply dangerous.
Thursday: July 2, 2009
- Five clever ways in which theme parks can bleed you for extra money.
Had no idea Six Flags and Universal charged for the 'fast pass' concept.