Monday: August 15, 2011
- MTA releases renderings of the new Apple Store coming to Grand Central Station.
The title of this article is a little misleading as there is really only one rendering to look at over on The Real Deal's website. AppleInsider has some of the other renderings, albiet in a less vibrant (and boring) form. Aside from the new Apple Store, Grand Central will also be home to a brand new Shake Shack.
Monday: May 10, 2010
- Google just might be your new online travel agent thanks to potential new acquisitions.
Google also is reportedly in talks to pay $1 billion to acquire ITA Software, which develops fare-shopping software for online travel agencies, airlines and fare-search-only sites, such as Bing Travel and Kayak.
Monday: December 7, 2009
- Daily Grind: Slightly grouchy
Name: Vin (aka wet blanket)
How Vin feels today: Slightly grouchy @ 2:28:30 PM
What Vin really wants today: Get back in the swing of things from being off last week (took a vacation - sorry for the lack of notice or posting).
Music Stuck in Head: Christmas Music
Stuff to do today:
- Get some additional holiday shopping / decorating in order before holidays actually arrive
- Try not to break neck this year installing lights in trees surrounding house
- Opt for alternative low-altitude holiday decorations
- Get siked up for season finale of Tales of Monkey Island
- ...of which arrives tomorrow online
- Continue catching up on work, make time for games later
Tuesday: December 1, 2009
- Cyber Monday brought in a staggering four million shoppers per minute.
Akamai said that its Net Usage Index -- which monitors North American visitors to sites such as American Eagle Outfitters, Overstock.com, QVC.com and eBags.com -- said traffic was up nearly 39% compared to the same time last year.
- Seven reasons as to why e-readers make great gifts this year.
There are already a sea of Kindles on my morning commute into the city on a daily basis. Go ahead, be part of the 'in' crowd and buy yourself an ereader. I'll pull out an actual book and remain an outcast. Mwa ha ha!
Monday: November 2, 2009
- First official brick and mortar eBay store coming to New York City this holiday season.
To celebrate the opening, eBay is hosting cocktail parties on Nov. 19 and Black Friday (notoriously one of the best days of the year for retailers). To further boost the shopping fervor, limited numbers of “daily deal” items will be given to the first 100 shoppers.
Tuesday: October 6, 2009
- Amazon pulls the curtain back on mobile payment system.
A customer just needs to choose the Pay with Amazon option while making an online transaction through their smartphone and the service will seamlessly connect with the Amazon server to validate and complete the transaction.
Thursday: September 24, 2009
- A brand new Nintendo Wii can now be yours for just $199.
The Nintendo announcements echoes moves by Sony and Microsoft, who have slashed the cost of the PlayStation 3 (PS3) and Xbox 360 as the countdown to Christmas shopping begins.
Tuesday: August 11, 2009
- Daily Grind: Unmotivated
Name: Vin (aka bob)
How Vin feels today: Unmotivated @ 1:17:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: Continue pouring over code and new algorithms for work-related stuff. Find someone who has spare motivation to lend.
Music Stuck in Head: Rock n' Roll / Velvet Underground
It was alright.
Stuff to do today:
- Continue to wait patiently for recent eBay purchase (see yesterday's Daily Grind post)
- Continue researching options for new family car purchase
- Continue riding current family car into the ground
- Continue working on new updates to GLM (some big, some small)
- Stop starting every todo item with the word continue
Tuesday: June 30, 2009
- Consumer confidence reaches highest level in over a year.
Why are you reading this? You should be out shopping.
Monday: June 22, 2009
- Shopping advice and direct purchasing via Twitter may not be all that far off.
Now you can let everyone know the intimate gory details of your shopping habits too.