Wednesday: January 2, 2013
- Avis acquires Zipcar for a mere $500 million.
Avis says it expects to generate $50 to $70 million in ‘annual synergies’ as a result of the deal. FYI: The company booked $7.3 billion in revenue for the full year 2012, and employs roughly 29,000 employees today. The transaction is expected to close in the spring of 2013.
Monday: April 26, 2010
- Thirteen terrific sites for managing and sharing media files.
I keep hearing fantastic things about DropBox but I have yet to take advantage of their service. Should you decide to not make the same mistake you'll get two free gigabytes of storage space for signing up. Happy sharing.
Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Cablevision, Time Warner and Comcast open up wi-fi to each other's customers.
This is very good news (and quite unexpected also) for customers of any of the aformentioned companies in the above headline. You can now take advantage of any of their wifi whilst traveling just so long as you are paying customer. Not too shabby, guys - not too shabby at all.
Tuesday: April 6, 2010
- Microsoft sends out press invitations for mystery event on April 12.
Microsoft seems to be a little tired of Apple hogging all the spotlight these days. The only information on the invite is something vague about it being 'time to share'. Hold on to your hats and/or excitement - whichever comes first.
Thursday: June 25, 2009
- Richard Marx not too thrilled about being associated with ridiculous RIAA fines.
Moby also chimes in and shares the the same sentiment as well.