Tuesday: January 8, 2013
- Ten awesome Super Nintendo RPG games you should probably play at least once in your life.
I'm not sure if I should be proud or just plain sad to say that I've only completed five of the ten games on this list. Oh whatever, I'm proud - those were good times. For those of you who would like to relive the Super Nintendo glory days check out the OpenEmu project. It's a fantastic iTunes-like emulator for Mac that is currently under development (thanks Ant).
Tuesday: May 18, 2010
- Square Enix did quite well this year with their multi-million selling titles.
One of those titles happened to be Final Fantasy XIII, a game that literally makes you literally click one button for ten plus hours and nothing else. On the flip side, if you manage to stick it out past the twenty hour mark the game begins to get somewhat enjoyable.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Daily Grind: Nerdy
Name: Vin (aka levelup+1)
How Vin feels today: Nerdy @ 2:55:41 PM
What Vin really wants today: Finish up remaining work tasks and attempt to get some time in playing a certain RPG video game that sounds vaguely similar to 'Shminal Shmantasy' at some point this evening. Insert traditional battle victory theme here.
Music Stuck in Head: Call it Love / God Street Wine
Continuing the celebration of the recently announced GSW reunion. You can have a listen to this rare jazzy track over on archive.org.
Stuff to do today:
- Purchase Final Fantasy XIII from semi-local NYC area Best Buy
- Semi-local = four subway stops from work location (meh)
- Ignore reviews complaining about PS3 versus Xbox 360 quality
- Finally post new photo to photoblog
- A review of the Final Fantasy XIII experience, thirty minutes in.
After reading this quick review I now find myself sitting here staring at my newly purchased copy of of Final Fantasy XIII and asking the box questions I know it can't answer. I'll let you know how this all turns out.
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Final Fantasy I and II now available for your beloved iPhone and/or iPod Touch.
Buying either game will set you back just nine bucks a piece which isn't so bad when you consider what the Nintendo DS versions of these games are going for. A lot can be said for being able to use tactile buttons though.
Monday: February 8, 2010
- Next Final Fantasy game might have DLC content after all?
Turns out that downloadable content might be available for the next installment of the beloved RPG franchise. Want more proof? It even says so right there on the back of the box.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- Next Final Fantasy game to provide over sixty hours of fun-filled RPG gaming.
This information comes directly from the folks at Square Enix. Get ready to set aside a big block of time for this one (I'll be scheduling out a couple of weekends months in advance - my game play time is limited these days). Remember kids, this comes out state-side on March 9th.
Monday: November 16, 2009
- Release date for Final Fantasy XIII finally unveiled.
There's also a brand new trailer showing off some gameplay footage to go along with said announcement. You'll be playing the next installment of this beloved RPG franchise next year - March 9th, 2010 to be exact.
Monday: November 9, 2009
- Announcement from Square Enix regarding Final Fantasy XIII coming on November 13th.
A mysterious anagram posted to the Square Enix was cracked very quickly via the Interwebs. The unscrambled anagram read 'Announcement Nov Thirteenth'. Hence, the news of an announcement regarding an announcement of a November 13th announcement.
Thursday: August 20, 2009
- Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360 is about seventy percent complete.
He said that the game is up and running well on Microsoft's hardware but they have not started the debugging process yet. Work on the english version of the game is also moving along well. Kitase confirmed that all the voice work has now been recorded.