Friday: July 29, 2011
- Some self-help advice for those of you looking to improve upon your self-improvement needs.
I've been reading a lot of Coding Horror lately. This particular post resonated with me a lot more than I initially thought it would. It might be because there is a lot of noise these days (read Internet noise: twitter, facebook, work emails, etc) to distract me from a given task at hand (either that or my perpetual procrastination). If you happen to be in need of some motivational advice this will prove to be a good read.
Friday: December 11, 2009
- The Big Dipper constellation gets an upgrade via brand new star addition.
Alcor, the bright star that forms the bend in the dipper's 'handle,' has a dim red dwarf star orbiting it. They've put out this very pretty image, in which Alcor is renamed Alcor A, and its newly-found satellite star is called Alcor B.
Tuesday: November 24, 2009
- Ten questions you should never stop asking according to Forbes.
The headline was a misleading as I thought Forbes was referring to ten existential questions you should never stop asking yourself. Turns out they just meant it from a business point of view. Oh well.
Tuesday: July 7, 2009
- Google would like you to know that they have improved their real estate search.
Wow, look at all the tiny dots.
Monday: June 29, 2009
- Teams join up to qualify for million dollar Netflix prize.
Two front runners in the contest, Team Pragmatic Theory and Team Bellkor in Chaos, joined forces and submitted an algorithm that was 10.05 percent better than the one Netflix uses to recommend movies to its subscribers. The result was published on the Netflix Prize leader board on Friday.