Wednesday: July 6, 2011
- Facebook gets a healthy dose of Skype and adds a helping of group chat for good measure.
Good news to those of you who spend all day on Facebook. You now have even more reason to hang out there thanks to the inclusion of video conference calling and group chats. Facebook bills this new feature as 'bringing conversations to life'. I think they would have better served had they gone with my way of marketing it as 'enhanced procrastination'.
Friday: March 19, 2010
- Netflix decides to do away with that friends feature that nobody used.
Maybe this would have worked better had they tried to incorporate into - I don't know, a popular social network perhaps? Seems like the right place where friends would want to exchange information about the types of movies they happen to be renting at the time. Maybe that's just me.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Location services might be coming to your Facebook account in near future.
Soon you'll know exactly where all of your friends are and where you can find them. Isn't it great when mystical items from movies and books somehow make their way into real life? It's almost like magic.
Monday: March 1, 2010
- New study shows that others just might know you better than you know yourself.
Similarly, if you think that you are warm and friendly, and your friends and family say even if you think along those lines, you don't come across that way, you might pay more attention to your behaviors.
Wednesday: February 10, 2010
- Google takes a big step into the social networking arena with new service.
Google Buzz is a new way to start conversations about the things you find interesting. It's built right into Gmail, so you don't have to peck out an entirely new set of friends from scratch — it just works. If you think about it, there's always been a big social network underlying Gmail.
Tuesday: November 24, 2009
- Introduction of social media on the Xbox 360 seems to have gone over quite well.
About two million users decide to give Facebook a whirl along with about half a million brand new Last.fm accounts in the first twenty-four hours alone. I'd say that those are some pretty good numbers.