Monday: January 7, 2013
- Apple would like you to know that they've had over 40 billion downloads from their app store.
That's a lot of downloads. Apparently half of that number was just in 2012 alone.
Thursday: July 7, 2011
- Apple would like you to know that they have surpassed 15 billion downloads in the app store.
Engadget reports on Apple's latest press release in which not only have they hit the fifteen billion download mark, but they also want to point out that they've paid out 2.5 billion dollars for developing said fifteen billion apps. This number accounts for app sales across iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad users (of which there are 200 million) - just in case you were wondering
Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Need some icons for your next project? Smashing Magazine is here to help.
Ah, icons - creating them can be a tedious process even for seasoned designers. Luckily, Smashing Magazine has given us all an arsenal of which to start from. Expect to see most of these icons (or slight variations of them) in iPhone apps, productivity software, and/or WordPress themes near you soon.
- Opera Mini for iPhone shoots past one million downloads in the App Store.
Turns out that people really do like an alternative to mobile Safari on their beloved iPhones. The application is also currently in the number one position in all twenty-two flavors of the app store.
Monday: March 8, 2010
- Looking for some new music? Give the SXSW torrents a whirl.
More importantly, are you looking for some free and legal music to download? If the answer is yes than go ahead and enjoy over five gigabytes worth of audio content courtesy of the South by Southwest festival.
Monday: March 1, 2010
- Ten of the all-time greatest free downloads and services according to PC World.
I find it a little strange that Spybot: Search and Destroy isn't on this list. On almost every PC I've ever had to troubleshoot I usually start by running a scan of Spybot to get a quick glance at what's going on.
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Apple would like you to know that they've hit the ten billionth download.
The downloader of said billionth song is the lucky recipient of a $10,000 iTunes gift card. Try not to spend it all one place (gift card is also good for app store purchases as well).
Tuesday: January 5, 2010
- Apple's app store crashes through the three billion download mark.
What, no contest for the three billionth download in the app store? What gives? It's not like they've slated out other things to do over there in Cupertino besides contests and giveaways. Wakka wakka wakka.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- The iPod Touch beat out iPhone sales for the first time this holiday season.
It appears that an influx of new iPod Touch devices has flooded the market over Christmas,' Flurry reports, 'and that users of the handset, primarily pre-teen and teen audiences, are voracious downloaders.
Wednesday: December 16, 2009
- A collection of the most popular free Mac downloads of 2009.
Some interesting bits of free software to try out if you haven't already. I still haven't gotten around to testing out Google Chrome on the beloved Mac. I'll be giving that a whirl today. Also, it's a shame that Magnifique doesn't work with Snow Leopard - would've liked to try that one out as well.
Monday: November 2, 2009
- An entire website devoted to simple desktop wallpaper just for you.
I am a neat freak when it comes to my computer desktop icons and wallpapers. This site has some awesome options for those of us who like to keeps things simple and neat. Insta-bookmarked.
Thursday: October 1, 2009
- Palm decides to partner up with Amazon instead of hacking their way into iTunes.
But what Palm should really do is to make an iTunes rival, a media-playing, content-syncing, Amazon MP3-friendly application. And it should make it work not just with the Pre, but with any device you might own, including the iPhone.
Monday: September 28, 2009
- Apple pleased to announce that the App Store has surpassed two billion downloads.
The rate of App Store downloads continues to accelerate with users downloading a staggering two billion apps in just over a year, including more than half a billion apps this quarter alone,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO.
Monday: August 24, 2009
- Yar, smooth sailing for Pirate Bay purchase may be nary long way off the port bow.
Mr Pandeya said the unusual nature of The Pirate Bay did not sit comfortably with some Swedish bankers. 'You are not supposed to buy an illegal site,' he said. 'This is out-of-the-box thinking.
Wednesday: August 19, 2009
- Rumors swirling yet again about Beatles catalogue finally coming to iTunes.
While no further indication from EMI, Apple Corps, or others close to The Beatles or Apple have suggested that an iTunes deal is imminent, the timing of these events has unavoidably resulted in new speculation regarding an agreement.