Monday: February 1, 2010
- AT&T decides that pouring another two billion dollars into their mobile network is worth it.
AT&T plans to spend between $18 billion and $19 billion in 2010 upgrading its wireless and backhaul networks to handle the onslaught of new traffic. This is roughly $2 billion more than the company had invested in the previous year.
Friday: January 8, 2010
- Your cell phone may one day be powered via carbonated beverage.
The designer claims his sugar-based bio-battery lasts up to four times longer than a fully charged lithium battery and is much easier to recharge: just pour some more sweet fuel.
Tuesday: September 8, 2009
- An informative writeup on what the world was like before Apple introduced the iPhone.
This list too could go on. But it’s sobering to remember that a single device by a company with zero experience in the industry and against all odds caused such a tidal wave of change.
Saturday: August 15, 2009
- In the future, your cell phone also acts as your wallet. George approves.
Some analysts say that within five years, mobile phones in the United States will be able to make electronic payments, open doors, access subways, clip coupons and possibly act as another form of identification.
Monday: August 10, 2009
- Want some cheap noise cancelling headphones? This post is for you.
Not sure of the quality here and lugging around that extra piece may be annoying. Although, the price sounds like it's worth a spin for anyone looking to try out a new set of fancy noise cancelling headphones.