Monday: December 7, 2009
- Daily Grind: Slightly grouchy
Name: Vin (aka wet blanket)
How Vin feels today: Slightly grouchy @ 2:28:30 PM
What Vin really wants today: Get back in the swing of things from being off last week (took a vacation - sorry for the lack of notice or posting).
Music Stuck in Head: Christmas Music
Stuff to do today:
- Get some additional holiday shopping / decorating in order before holidays actually arrive
- Try not to break neck this year installing lights in trees surrounding house
- Opt for alternative low-altitude holiday decorations
- Get siked up for season finale of Tales of Monkey Island
- ...of which arrives tomorrow online
- Continue catching up on work, make time for games later
Posted to Daily Grind filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 3:28 PM | Tags (6) | dailygrind | glm | grouchy | holidays | christmas | shopping | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 1 Click | Posted by Vin
Monday: August 15, 2011
- MTA releases renderings of the new Apple Store coming to Grand Central Station.
The title of this article is a little misleading as there is really only one rendering to look at over on The Real Deal's website. AppleInsider has some of the other renderings, albiet in a less vibrant (and boring) form. Aside from the new Apple Store, Grand Central will also be home to a brand new Shake Shack.
Posted to Weekdaily filed in Apple @ 12:17 PM | Tags (9) | mta | apple | store | location | shake | shack | rendering | pictures | shopping | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 21 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Wednesday: July 6, 2011
- And we're back... sort of.
Hey folks! It's been awhile hasn't it! Anyone still out there? Really? That's great! So how have you been this past year? That's great! Did you achieve all of the goals you had in mind from July 7th, 2010 until now July 6th, 2011? That's great! Did you get...
Posted to Verbose filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 2:11 PM | Tags (12) | 2010 | 2011 | dead | design | dust | etc | geeklikeme | glm | goals | issues | redesign | verbose | | Discuss (4) | Share | facebook | twitter | 12 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Wednesday: July 7, 2010
- State of the GLM: Yes, I'm still here. No, I'm not dead.
You may have noticed that GLM has gone rather quiet for the past two-three months or so in terms of any and all content on the site. This post serves as a status update to alleviate any fears that GeekLikeMe is gone for good. Quite the contrary my dear...
Posted to Verbose filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 10:20 AM | Tags (12) | archive | geeklikeme | glm | machine | minimal | minimalist | parenthood | redesign | state | verbose | wayback | work | | Discuss (4) | Share | facebook | twitter | 63 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Monday: May 17, 2010
- Ten ways to upgrade your morning routine according to Lifehacker.
Covers everything from contemplative morning thinking to ditching the morning java and cranking out some push-ups. Fun fact: for the past five years GLM was exclusively done as a morning blog. Don't look so shocked.
Posted to Weekdaily filed in Life @ 6:43 AM | Tags (8) | life | lifehacker | mornings | routines | schedule | glm | posting | links | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 91 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Wednesday: May 12, 2010
- Eight websites you need to stop building according to The Oatmeal.
After carefully perusing this comic (and laughing a little bit too loud for office-level volumes) I was a little discomforted by the fact that the Pork'd mock design looks ridiculously similar to the current version of GLM. I guess I was a little generic with this iteration, might be time for a redesign methinks.
Posted to Weekdaily filed in Comedy Gold @ 11:16 AM | Tags (8) | building | designs | glm | porkd | redesign | stop | theoatmeal | websites | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 88 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Monday: May 10, 2010
- Google just might be your new online travel agent thanks to potential new acquisitions.
Google also is reportedly in talks to pay $1 billion to acquire ITA Software, which develops fare-shopping software for online travel agencies, airlines and fare-search-only sites, such as Bing Travel and Kayak.
Posted to Weekdaily filed in Google @ 6:20 AM | Tags (10) | airlines | fares | google | interesting | kayak | online | shopping | software | travel | usatoday | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 8 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Tuesday: April 20, 2010
- Some amazing photos of that pesky volcanic ash for you to gawk at.
If you happened to be doing some overseas traveling over the past few days you might have noticed a delay or two (possibly more numerous than that). While this would've made for a really good excuse to justify the lack of recent GLM postings, sadly (or happily - depending how you look at it) it wasn't the case. More on that later.
Posted to Weekdaily filed in Scary @ 12:40 PM | Tags (9) | boston.com | photography | photos | volcanic | ash | eyjafjallajokull | glm | postings | travel | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 42 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Photoblog: Sunrise Over Ontario
Slightly grainy shot captured recently whilst engaged in a weekend quick trip over the border. Should also be noted that this photo was taken with my trusty and newly updated iPhone 3GS which takes pretty good photos now that they've added that handy autofocus feature.Location:
Lake Ontario, Canada
Posted to Photoblog filed in Artsy @ 3:34 PM | Tags (10) | artsy | canada | geeklikeme | glm | grainy | iphone | lake | ontario | photoblog | sunrise | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 2 Clicks | Posted by Vin
- Daily Grind: Caffeinated
Name: Vin (aka hyper-hypo)
How Vin feels today: Caffeinated @ 12:51:25 PM
What Vin really wants today: To remind self the next time I order a medium coffee at the local coffee shop that its quite large rather than medium. Enjoy unnecessary caffeine boost, attempt to post additional links to make up for yesterday.
Music Stuck in Head: Big Bang Baby / Stone Temple Pilots
Any song that mentions Orange Crush in the lyrics is OK in my book. And by book I really mean magazine. And by magazine I really mean pamphlet. And by pamphlet I mean - whatever, the list is short.
Stuff to do today:
- Go to Apple Cube over on Fifth Ave
- Remark that overall feeling and general consensus of the iPad was... underwhelming
- ...its kinda heavy for everyday use - especially as an e-reader
- ...typing on the device is not exactly a joy either
- Interface was pretty neat but if you have an iPhone you've been there
- On the other hand, that newly updated MacBook Pro is quite awesome
- ...and freakin' fast (even the base Intel i5 model screams)
- Save money for next major purchase
Posted to Daily Grind filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 1:51 PM | Tags (9) | apple | caffeine | coffee | dailygrind | geeklikeme | glm | ipad | macbooks | purchases | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 2 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Wednesday: March 24, 2010
- Daily Grind: Picky
Name: Vin (aka mr. critical)
How Vin feels today: Picky @ 3:08:46 PM
What Vin really wants today: Continue nit-picking at certain designs and also learning all about the wonders of objective-c coupled with Cocoa Touch as I attempt to publish some kind of iPhone app... hopefully this year.
Music Stuck in Head: Imogene / God Street Wine
The trend continues yet again. Also doesn't help that I'm building an archival site centered around the very same musical group at the very same time.
Stuff to do today:
- See if that Tron DVD has finally arrived from Netflix
- Proceed to introduce said Tron movie to other half who has never actually seen it
- Brace self for nerdy onslaughts
- Find more time to play Final Fantasy XIII
- My take so far? Quite boring
- ...and this review sums it up quite perfectly
- Find more time to continue plugging away at iPhone app
- Find more time to continue that other archive-based project
- Find more time in general
Posted to Daily Grind filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 4:08 PM | Tags (7) | app | dailygrind | geeklikeme | glm | gsw | iphone | publish | | Discuss (2) | Share | facebook | twitter | 4 Clicks | Posted by Vin