Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Photoblog: Sunshine Yellow
Another quick macro shot snapped up while doodling with the kids using an obvious assorted array of crayons. Taste the rainbow.Location:
Eastchester, New York
- Eleven of the world's craziest roads for you to gawk at.
Enjoy this collection of wild and in most cases ridiculously dangerous modes of travel. Maybe it's because I usually have video games on the brain but after seeing these pictures I really want to go play some Mario Kart.
- Your computer may one day operate at the speed of light thanks to laser technology.
An electrically powered, room-temperature, infrared laser for laptop computers is still years away, however, cautioned Michel. If and when those laptops do arrive, they will be powerful -- more powerful in fact than even today's supercomputers.
- A review of the Final Fantasy XIII experience, thirty minutes in.
After reading this quick review I now find myself sitting here staring at my newly purchased copy of of Final Fantasy XIII and asking the box questions I know it can't answer. I'll let you know how this all turns out.
- Cisco's big Internet-changing announcement? Brand new speedy routers.
That's right folks, this new and improved router can handle up to twelve times the speed of your now traditional non-speedy routers. Change has come to your Interwebs, be sure to hold your excitement.
- Your rechargeable batteries may come with a free Trojan horse virus.
The battery maker said it does not know how the Trojan got into the software. 'Energizer has discontinued sale of this product and has removed the site to download the software,' the statement said.
- Sony to start selling 3D-capable televisions starting this June.
Included are two pairs of Sony's 3-D glasses, as well as a camera sensor on each unit that will adjust sound and picture quality based on viewers' positions. A remote control button enables the switch from a regular 2-D image to 3-D.
- Brand new trailer for Tron Legacy finally surfaces on the Interwebs.
Apparently this took a great deal of sifting through viral sites for the trailer to be unearthed. Thankfully though when the Internet wants something they don't stop until they get it and the result is said brand new Tron Legacy trailer in glorious high definition.
- A handy tutorial regarding how to build your very own micro-processor chess set.
Got some old computer parts laying around? If so, crack it open and start getting to work on this tutorial. You'll have on unique looking chess set as a result and a cool desk ornament/decoration as well.
- Ten SQL tips you can use to speed up your beloved databases.
This is a great collection of tips for anyone who happens to deal with writing SQL queries on a daily basis (cough). And yes, I actually own the t-shirt contained in the attached thumbnail.