Wednesday: February 10, 2010
- Ten literary classics that should be made into a video game.
There are some interesting literary choices from Wired in regards to this particular topic. While I don't think a game based on Huck Finn would be all that amazin, Moby Dick sounds like it could be downright epic.
Tuesday: February 9, 2010
- Pirating an unreleased Nintendo game? That'll cost you a million and change.
'The legal proceeding resulted in a settlement in which the individual will pay to Nintendo the sum of 1.5 million (Australian) dollars by way of damages to compensate Nintendo for the loss of sales revenue caused by the individual's actions,' it said in a statement.
Monday: February 8, 2010
- Next Final Fantasy game might have DLC content after all?
Turns out that downloadable content might be available for the next installment of the beloved RPG franchise. Want more proof? It even says so right there on the back of the box.
- Twenty-five great reasons as to why you should buy a Nintendo Wii.
You won't find the ability to not output in HD as a reason on this list of purchase reasons. Don't get me wrong, the Wii is a lot of fun - it's just that after playing other consoles (Xbox 360, PS3) it feels like a baby's toy.
Thursday: February 4, 2010
- A collection of weird places in which some version of Tetris has been placed.
From graphic calculators to PIN terminals, it looks more and more like there really isn't a device that can't play Tetris. Also, that watch pictured in the thumbnail is quite stylish. Just look at that bling!
- There just might be a playable version of the new Zelda game at this year's E3 expo.
This news comes straight from director of said game, Eiji Aonuma. It would appear that this new installment will also make use the MotionPlus capabilities of the Wii controllers. Great, because I didn't look enough like an idiot swinging the Wiimote around in the last game.
Friday: January 29, 2010
- Telltale might be porting all of their games over to the Mac in the near future.
This is great news for Mac users if this turns out to be true. It's a little annoying to switch over to my Windows partition just to enjoy these games. There are also rumors that we may see Telltale on the iPad as well.
Tuesday: January 26, 2010
- Sixteen games that make gaming on the iPhone worthwhile.
Some interesting choices for fellow iPhone owners looking for some gaming recommendations. I'm a bigger fan of casual games these days so I can heartily agree with the Peggle and Bejeweled 2 inclusions. I'd also like to throw Scramble (free app) which is a lovely waste of time as well.
Monday: January 25, 2010
- Your brain just might be to blame for your bad video gaming skills.
The researchers recruited 39 healthy adults (10 men, 29 women) who had played fewer than three hours of video games each week during the previous two years. They then examined their brains with the aid of an MRI machine.
- Final Fantasy VII remake still not happening anytime soon.
This information comes direct from director and game designer Tetsuya Nomura. Sorry fans, at least you'll always have Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberrus, and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Oh, and don't forget the numerous action figures as well.
Tuesday: January 19, 2010
- Microsoft looking to give cable companies some competition via Xbox 360.
Whitten said Microsoft wanted to be a bigger player in television and film viewing. He declined to comment on the conversations with Disney but said more than once that 'there's going to be a ton of experimentation around business models and rights.'
Thursday: January 14, 2010
- Square Enix says there was enough leftover content for two Final Fantasy XIII games.
So basically fans can expect a Final Fantasy XIII-2 type of game sometime after the official release of Final Fantasy XIII(-1). Either that or you'll be paying for a whole bunch of DLC content for many years to come. Joy.
Wednesday: January 13, 2010
- Next Legend of Zelda game will not be released until it is 'perfect'.
This comes straight from Nintendo's President, Reggie Fils-Aime. Still no word on a release date so this title may not see the light of day until 2011. But hey, you have to figure that 'perfect game' will take some additional time to get right.
- Netflix streaming coming to the Nintendo Wii sometime this Spring.
The Nintendo version will require a disc, just like the PlayStation 3 system does. Also, you probably shouldn't expect a whole lot of HD functionality (the Wii only supports 480p max resolution at present time).
Monday: January 11, 2010
- NBA Jam hoping to make a comeback on the Nintendo Wii.
The new NBA Jam will feature gameplay 'true to the original', promising an updated classic experience that also adds new modes and a re-defined visual style with more realistic body types, physics and 'visible player emotion.'