Tuesday: November 8, 2011
- Daily Grind: Ebullient
Name: Anthony (aka Alpha to an Ant)
How Anthony feels today: Ebullient @ 3:31:44 PM
What Anthony really wants today: To go to sleep as its after 11pm where I am right now. Can I say what I want for tomorrow?
Music Stuck in Head: Jeremy Enigk - Been Here Before
Its the lead singer of Sunny Day Real Estate doing solo work where he plays almost every instrument himself, composes everything... Its beautiful stuff. This guy is a hero of mine
Stuff to do today:
- play around with base64 encoded images
- prove that sprites are still more efficient than base64 from a page performnace perspective
- avoid meetings in NY office because I am 7 hours ahead
- Joke that i living in the future to my friends in NY
- Learn more about Microformats and create a plan to implement some updates to current ones on our websites
- Eat dinner with great friends in Romania
- Help my best friend Vin test the new GLM multi user system
- Post this as a test
- Go to sleep
Monday: May 17, 2010
- Ten ways to upgrade your morning routine according to Lifehacker.
Covers everything from contemplative morning thinking to ditching the morning java and cranking out some push-ups. Fun fact: for the past five years GLM was exclusively done as a morning blog. Don't look so shocked.
Monday: April 12, 2010
- Nine little known secrets to living past the ripe old age of ninety.
You don’t need hours of unbroken sleep as you age, but you do need a solid seven to nine hours of sleep when you get older. So if you do it a little bit at a time, napping in the afternoons, and getting sleep at night (even if it is disjointed) it can help you live longer.
Tuesday: March 30, 2010
- Thirteen small things to simplify your work day.
Some top Google executives just do 5-minute meetings — anyone who attends these meetings had better be prepared, and concise. If you can get out of meetings and just get the notes, or find an alternative way to communicate, it could save you hours per week.
Tuesday: March 23, 2010
- Ten things that the iPod generation will unfortunately never experience.
Ah, the lost and forgotten art of the classic mix tape, the effect just doesn't seem to be the same with a burned CD or a USB stick. Also, high speed dubbing added a fun factor of plus one to the overall experience.
Wednesday: February 3, 2010
- We're in for six more weeks of Winter according to Punxsutawney Phil.
The pudgy prognosticator apparently has a nose for the value of social networking. About 17,000 people had already signed up for Phil's text, Mickey Rowley, the deputy secretary for Pennsylvania tourism, said. If you send the text, you'll receive a copy of his forecast delivered to your mobile.
Tuesday: January 5, 2010
- Ten surprising ways in which to live longer according to MSNBC.
Turns out that sniffing lavender (or rosemary) and flossing daily can add years to your pitiful life. Why are you reading this? You should be flossing.
Tuesday: November 24, 2009
- A list of a hundred of the all-time best ways to hack your workday.
Some great suggestions to those of you who may or may not be following one or more of these little gems already. Personally, I am lost with my morning to-do list. Let's see here, post morning links to GLM: check. See?
Wednesday: November 4, 2009
- Fifteen podcasts that may or may not make you richer.
Unless you’re a child prodigy like Warren Buffett, or you have a trust fund, this stuff doesn’t come on its own. It takes years of learning and experience. And what better way to learn than to throw on a podcast in the car, at the gym, or in another convenient setting?
Thursday: September 24, 2009
- A guide to making the most out of office coffee.
For starters, cleaning the coffee maker every once in a while is probably a good idea.
Tuesday: September 8, 2009
- A handy list of America's most stressful cities just for you.
Chicago takes the cake for most stressful while Los Angeles gets the silver. New York City grabs third place.
Friday: August 21, 2009
- A list of the ten best places to grow up in America according to US News.
You should have grown up in Virginia Beach. Interesting to note that not a single location from my own beloved state made the list. Good work, New York!
Thursday: August 20, 2009
- Life expectancy reaches all time high in the United States.
Good news everyone! Seventy-eight years is the new magic number.
- Five things that you can probably learn from being offline for a week.
After checking email and responding to the important ones and doing whatever online business like bill paying that needed to be done, there wasn’t a heck of a lot that really grabbed me. YouTube of guy teaching a poodle to rollerskate? Nah.
Wednesday: August 19, 2009
- Want to be nicer? Play more cricket.
Research suggests makes for better behavior and more cooperative as well. Jolly good show.