Monday: January 7, 2013
- Disney unveils next generation guest experience in the form of digital wristbands.
The new wristbands will work in tandem with a new Disney app that you can use on your smartphone. The wristband (officially called MagicBand) can be used as your rooom key, theme park ticket, photopass, payment information and even access to FastPass for quicker access to rides and attractions. So long Key to the World cards!
Sunday: December 9, 2012
- Rumors swirling that Disney's Hollywood Studios will be getting a Radiator Springs makeover.
While this news is by no means official it sounds like a formal announcement may be right around the corner. Full disclosure: I am a gigantic Disney nerd. My kids, by association, are also gigantic Disney nerds. But they also happen to be huge fans of the Cars movies. Ask us to recite any line and you'll hear the whole movie. The recently opened Cars Land in California has been met with postivive reviews from fans and non-fans of the franchise. Being that we reside on the East Coast, a trip to Florida is way more feasible than a trip out to California. Ka-chow!
Thursday: December 1, 2011
- Have you ever wanted to see what toys do after they have grown up?
This is a blog documenting new adventures of old childhood toys. It could be a commentary on how our own lives have changed as adults, plain good fun or both. You can also submit your own posts if you have a quick story to tell. Enjoy!
Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Twenty-one awesome and unique playgrounds for your child-like enjoyment.
I'm not sure that I'd actually take let my kids run amok on some of these locales but speaking as an adult, I'd be all over these in a heartbeat. Unnecessary slides at ridiculous heights! Whee!
Monday: April 12, 2010
- The Human Tetris Project just might be the next big social networking gaming craze.
Link points to a video over on ABC's website which goes over exactly what you'll be getting yourself into should you decide to take part in said project. It's an interesting concept and partnership between EA Games and Facebook. Definetly needs more Music A though.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Stride Rite offering up new line of Star Wars sneakers next month (younglings only).
Sorry to build your hopes up with that headline Star Wars fans, but these kicks are for kids only. However, if the comments on the source site are any indication - an adult line of these sneaks would probably sell too.
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Six fantastical theme park rides that have unfortunately been lost to history.
If you absolutely must ride this, it's still open at Universal Studios Japan in Osaka. Doc Brown will likely be screaming at you in Japanese, but it's the pilgrimage that counts.
Friday: February 19, 2010
- Some highlights from the International Toy Fair held recently in New York.
No Star Wars collection is truly complete unless you have a carbonite-frozen Han Solo Lego figurine. Side note: this year celebrates the 30th anniversary of when the Empire Strikes Back was released.
Thursday: December 24, 2009
- A gallery of some creative and unusual bookshelves for you to gawk at.
Nothing inspires patriotism in me more than looking at a bookshelf shaped just like the United States. I'm guessing you probably can't fit a lot of books in Rhode Island or Delaware.
Wednesday: December 9, 2009
- Your favorite Star Wars movie posters re-imagined with a zombie twist.
A little bit on the creepy side but if you're a Star Wars nerd you probably won't mind all that much. Zombie Yoda says much brains you will eat ah-yes, yes.
Wednesday: November 25, 2009
- Bohemian Rhapsody as performed by The Muppets.
To whoever is running The Muppets these days: more of this please. I guarantee that this video will make you smile - if it doesn't consult your doctor. And wow, look at that - you can even watch this video in glorious 1080p resolution.
Monday: November 2, 2009
- A list of the top Internet memes of 2009 thus far.
You'll recognize this little gem as well as several others that have probably been emailed to you at some point during the course of this year. Thank you, Interwebs.
Thursday: October 22, 2009
- Eleven mediocre television shows with awesome theme songs.
Take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about the television shows you may have used to watch. The combination of DuckTales and Rescue Rangers still holds a special place in my heart (although not mentioned on said list). Hey, remember The Jets?
Friday: October 16, 2009
- Twenty-five clever costume ideas for Halloween.
For me, the Beaker costume is a personal favorite (meep meep). Although the 'Dinosaur with Prisoner' comes in at a close second. Wow. Bonus link: Beaker's momentous performance of Ode to Joy.
Thursday: October 15, 2009
- Disney pulls the curtain back on DIY roller coaster experience.
The new ride over at EPCOT called 'The Sum of all Thrills' lets users create their own roller coaster track digitally. You can then ride on your newly created track virtually. You'll probably want to pick up a fast pass for the line.